I am having a general, no-good, cranky week. Some of it is legtimiately cranky, some of it makes absolutely no sense, and yes–I am aware of how ridiculous this whine sounds in light of what’s happening in Haiti and how most of this stuff is totally ridiculous and soon shall pass. But I want to whine, and a blog seems like the most self-serving place to do it. Or, I could like – call a friend. But this is so much more emo. In no particular order:
Reasons I am cranky
- My favorite TV show, Hoarders made me angry and sad for the kids of hoarders.
- My foul mood is compounded by a book the book I read on the way to work about teen rape. Thanks a lot, popular YA teen writer. My book home, by the same author is about eating disorders. I’m a ball of fun.
- I am so tired of walking the dog in mud
- My 90-year-old grandpa has a burst aneurysm in his stomach. It doesn’t look good. They can’t operate because of his medications. I am nervous, but this guy has made it through what seems to be a lot worse, so I am not sure how panicked to get. This also makes me feel sad.
- If Grandpa does pass, it would be a scramble to get down there since Frank is still away and I don’t know who I can get to watch my 90 lb. dog that doesn’t seem to get along with other dogs and I wouldn’t dare test with a cat.
- I miss Frank.
- I was greeted with 666 unread items in my work’s Google Reader. Spooky.
- Work was a little frustrating/disappointing today. I obviously won’t go into too much, but the morning started with kind of a bummer. It will get resolved, but I was all geared up for thrills and excitement.
- Within two minutes I had an an angry customer call. Those are never fun.
- My glasses are always dirty.
- It’s very hot in the office.
- The MA election. I am woefully uneducated about what happened there, but I have a sinking feeling that if I researched it, I would be very angry and disappointed. So, I am going to skip the part where I learn what happened and just go straight to “what the hell is wrong with this country?”
- I’m excited about our True Nerd Trivia event tonight, but am irrationally annoyed that I have to go home first and walk the dog, and then won’t want to go back out. Yes, I knew this would happen when I got a dog. That doesn’t mean I can’t be cranky about it.
- I feel like I don’t have time to do all the stuff I want to do for all my side-projects (including this blog, and the aforementioned trivia)
- I have a million little chores I still have to do at home–paying random medical bills, folding laundry, the dishes, etc.
- I have to call American Express for the fifth time to get them to remove a crazy charge they put on for no reason. Now the issue is, they removed the charge, but I was charged interest on it. This is crazy-making.
- Whine whine.