My Mom Tells … Some
A few months ago, when Mom discovered my blog (and started using it to keep up with me) I asked her to write a “guest post” for me. Anything she wanted. Since then, she’s been randomly emailing me a sort of free-form list of what it was like to be my mom or things about me. In honor of Mother’s Day, I present to you, mainly unedited “Erica through Mom’s Eyes” by the bestest mom in the world. I love you Mom.
My oldest daughter was the first to step into the gene pool I have to admit – she wasn’t wearing a bathing cap so she was…..
- The first kid to hustle used fraggle dolls to passers by on the street
- The first kid to be proud of chasing bugs away!
- She is so cute- so So cute people pinched her all the time (and asked me if she was mine)
- Very principled (except when it comes to playing board games – she then declares every person for themselves)
- Has a fixation with Rice Krispies treats
- A speed reader that would put Evelyn Woods to shame
- A kid who learned how to tie her shoes in one shot- but still can’t tell analog time.
- Wore a yarmulke and scarf to be the first female rabbi for dress up
- Went to Denmark to dig holes in the ground looking for Viking shmattes–but wouldn’t pick up in her room for anything –although strangely the Danes now know some Yiddish
- Never quite got the group – join up mentality
- Always wondered in camp why everyone was running so much??
- had many secret love affairs apparently…..
- Seems to be very open about herself online but when a mother asks…..
- She had a headless male mannequin in her bedroom with gargoyles
- She hung out in the “pit” behind 7 eleven in high school
Where did I go wrong and yet so right??!!! As her mother I can say she made me look good. How can you not be crazy about someone who makes a decent rugelach? Someone who buys padding for her dogs’ bed (and needs to replace her own mattress) and a person who compliments her mothers cooking no matter what jelly is in it?? Singlehandedly brought Yiddish expressions to the Danish archaeological underground??