The Start of Something Random
I’ve been trying to find a way to make my blog postings more frequent without it being “And today I had a conference call, came home, walked the dog, watched some stuff on Hulu, called my grandma/other random family member, then fell asleep, fighting the dog for blankets.”
I could get a little deeper, but then all you’ll hear about are stories about how I was sick, my sister was sick, my mother was in the hospital (she’s now out and fine) and I’m getting adjusted to the new job. And I know y’all want crazy grandma stories – but … it’s gone from “listen to what the crazy lady did now” to “this is a bad situation and I’m now laughing out of sheer frustration and exhaustion.” Between all that, ongoing grief about my dad and random wedding stuff – that’s about what’s going on here in my head.
Hopefully, I’ll start seeing the sunny side again and have fun stories to share with you that don’t involve threatening to call government social services.
In the meantime, please feel free to
- Leave advice on how to handle having to carry both a BlackBerry and an iPhone
- Explain why anyone uses a BlackBerry? They’re awful!
- Find me somewhat affordable non-suede, low-heel wedges in bright purple
- Tell me what shoes to wear to a black tie wedding in late October. I stupidly bought some cute strappy sandal things from Aerosoles (What? I’m an old lady!) but I bought them in August, forgetting that October is fall. I can’t wear stockings, right? It needs to be closed toe shoes?
- Confirm my suspicion that I should just keep going for “1” when choosing my deduction withholding thing.